Monday, April 14, 2008

They FINALLY know!

Well the cameras arrived on time as promised by Amazon.com...but my parent's webcam was not set up immediately as I instructed.

I tried to help my mom set it up via the phone but the camera wouldn't work. My dad got home from work and he tried for a while to get it up and running but with no luck. The next day they got everything working but I was in Seattle - telling Molly the big news!! - so I wasn't able to "meet them" online. So I had my fingers crossed for Saturday evening when we returned from Seattle.

The moment we walked in the door, I called my parents to start their cameras. They were in the middle of watching a movie so they said they would call me back in an hour or so. They called me back and we did a few test calls but we couldn't get the volume to work. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I could tell my parents were both wearing thin with this whole camera thing. They had been trying for about 3 days to get this up and running and didn't understand why I was pushing them so hard to set the damn thing up.

In the end, the camera worked but the volume didn't so we used the cameras to see eachother and our speakerphones to hear eachother. It worked wonderfully! Now we will have the cameras to watch my stomach quadruple in size over the next nine months. ugh.

No comments: