Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Good Day

As I was checking out at the grocery store this morning, I received some good...make that great...news! Still not yet accustomed to my bump, I kept banging it into my cart, sending it flying into the patiently waiting customer behind me, as I bent over to grab more items to place on the conveyor belt. The checker noticed me bumbling around and asked how far along I was. I told her that I was six months pregnant and due in December. She let out a huge gasp and I instinctively winced as I braced for what I thought she was going to say. "You look so small!!" I was shocked and relieved and it definitely put some pep in my step! I think that comment definitely qualifies her as my best friend here in town...or my only friend - however you want to look at it!

No comments: