Monday, August 25, 2008

Where's the cake?!

Anyone who knows me longer than 10 seconds, knows that I love cake. I repeat - I LOVE cake! But not just any cake. Chocolate cake with white frosting - butter cream frosting to be more specific. No raspberry filling nonsense. No "fancy" mango-orange-sorbet cake flavors. Just the chocolate cake and butter cream frosting please! With that said, I am an equal opportunity cake eater. I don't discriminate. In fact, I find that Wal-Mart makes some of the best cake. Don't get my wrong, fancy bakeries make great cake too but they usually try to persuade you to use fondant frosting or to include some some sort of mango raspberry chutney in between the layers of cake. No thank you!

This past weekend, my side of the family got together for a rare weekend in Seattle. It was a "'B' Babyshower" of sorts and of course, a perfect opportunity for what else - cake! When it comes to cake, we don't mess around. My mom had this specially made by one of my favorite Seattle bakeries. Not only was this cake delicious, it was also beyond beautiful!

One thing that most people don't know is that if there is cake within a one mile radius of one of us it will be devoured at an astonishing rate. For example, the cake we had this weekend easily serves 20-25 people - maybe more! We picked up the cake at 6 pm on Friday night and it was gone by Sunday at noon. I told you we don't mess around.