Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy (Belated) New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Better late than never right? I am still trying to get a handle on motherhood while fitting in a few blogging sessions every now and then. Motherhood is obviously a bit higher on my priority list these days.

We just got back from a week long stint in Seattle. Grace's first visit to the big city! She was a total trooper and did great. Every day, we would pack Grace up in her stroller, bundle her up in an adorable, pink outfit and blankie and off we went!

As I have been cooped up in the Yakima Valley and my house for months, I was like a kid in a candy shop...only difference - I was armed with a credit card! heheh I wanted to visit all my old shopping...uhhh I mean...stomping grounds and catch up with friends. It was an action packed week - not a lot of relaxing or sleeping - but we had a great time!

We visited with Auntie M for her birthday! Grace's first girl's night!! Grace was great! People would stop us and ask us how old she was and when we said two weeks, they would gasp and say how brave we were! I wasn't sure if they meant this as a compliment or a slam - like we were crazy for having our baby outside of the house at this age. Maybe we are but I think it is going to be easier to drag her around at this age than say 6 months to a year from now. Plus, the sooner she can get used to eating at grown up restaurants the better!

To celebrate the New Year, Court, Grace and I watched the fireworks with our good friends, Shane and Alison, and their new bundle of joy, William! William weighed as much as Grace did when he was born and now, two months later, weighs in at 15 lbs! It was eye opening to see how quickly Grace will likely grow in just a few short weeks!

Anyway, we hope you all had a fun, safe and happy new year. All the best in 2009!

No comments: