Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Observations Regarding Motherhood #1

I think babies must have a sixth sense. Every time I am juuussst about to fall asleep, Grace wakes up and is hungry or needs a diaper change. Juuussst as I am about to sit down to eat, Grace cries and needs to be held or burped. It is like clockwork. Every time. Because her timing is so impeccable, I am still trying to figure out a routine or rhythm that will allow me to mother her but also have some sort of life. (And when I say life, I mean just trying to get dinner on the table! Thank God for Court. He has prepared every meal since we've come home from the hospital!)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! Delaney can be dead asleep and when we sit down for dinner the monitor stirs or little fidgeting begins from the swing! Routine-schoutine!