Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Tree

One of the highlights of being pregnant during the holidays is not having to put the lights on the Christmas tree. The box actually says that pregnant women shouldn't handle them. Aside from that "fun" fact, a pregnant woman is (usually - or in my case - always) huge, moody, cranky, swollen (or is that glowing?!) and obviously not mentally or physically fit to dress a tree with lights.

Fortunately, I am not pregnant this holiday season. Unfortunately, that means I was in charge of putting the lights on the Christmas tree...UGH...

As you can see, I like lights. A lot of lights. This tree isn't even 6 ft tall and I probably have 20 strands of lights on it.


I don't know how people manage to take really beautiful pictures of their Christmas trees. I always get the lighting all wrong. These pictures don't do her justice.


As for child proofing, we re-arranged our furniture to wrap around the tree. Can you see our couch 5 inches in front of the tree? The coffee table off to the left? Not the ideal situation if you want to say...oh I don't know...SIT ON YOUR COUCH...

but it is definitely doing the trick on keeping our precious ornaments safe and sound.
We'll see what happens when we get to Grandma and Grandpa's house next week.

No comments: