Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mommy's Little Helper (Sorta)

I realize I haven't been posting much lately. I apologize. Grace is EVERYWHERE and full of energy. When she does finally crash, IF she crashes, that's normally when I would jump on the internet and update this blog. Lately though, that time has been needed for other, more 'vital' things like resting and vomiting.

Although I feel like my life has come to a standstill, Grace is NOTHING but! In fact, her new favorite activities involve helping me...sorta.

First, she loves to sweep! She refuses to vacuum and cries at the sight of the dreaded machine. However, it seems she has found a comrade in the broom.


She also LOVES to "organize" all the condiments in the fridge. By organize, I of course mean, take all the condiments off the shelves, place them on the floor and then "put them back." I use the term "put them back" VERY loosely.



Grace particularly loves the A1 sauce and the lime juice.
She hugs them, pets them and carts them all around the house. She even took them for a ride in her stroller. What can I say, condiments receive special treatment around here.


Even if she isn't exactly helping me - she's entertaining herself and that my friends is worth MY weight in gold!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! I love the video and the pictures with the condiments. Who doesn't love some nice A1? It's like the commercial! This organizing and such reminds me of the book :http://www.amazon.com/Montessori-Start-Child-Birth-Three/dp/0805211128/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270157056&sr=1-6
And it talks a lot about those sorts of "games" toddlers like, but it's really life skills they are learning such as preparing meals and snacks, cleaning, etc. The book talks about how toddlers most love "helping" by "doing" the dishes, setting the table, "folding" clothes, etc and they would rather help you then play with toys since they see the helping as play. It was interesting to me since I'd never realized they would be so interested in chores. hee hee. :)