Saturday, May 22, 2010

One Thing I NOW Know for Sure...

I will never mess with my kid's hair again! The day after Grace's first haircut, I attempted to "style" it.

First, a little background. I am no good with hair. Not my own hair, not my friend's hair, not even Barbie's hair. I never learned to braid. French braiding might as well be equivalent to landing on the moon for me. So when it came to styling my own daughter's hair, I was a bit nervous. Do I brush the bangs down? To the side? What on earth am I supposed to do with all these barrettes and clips I seem to have acquired over the last several months?

Without fail, I failed. Pieces of her newly cut hair just didn't seem to fall quite into place and I had the "brilliant" idea to trim them - myself - with the only pair of scissors I could find. And yes, they happened to be old and rusty. "Perfect" for hair trimming.

Well, folks...this is what I did to poor Grace.

She looks like Jim Carey in the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Never again folks. Never again. I am leaving her hair - and the hair of #2 - safely in the hands of professionals from now on. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Jody said...

LOL! This is hilarious! Live and learn, right? I am just as bad with hair. Its a good thing I have a boy - all we do is buzz his hair, and even that I leave to Justin cuz I always miss spots. Just remember, hair grows back - and you SOO need to document this for the baby book. :)

Unknown said...

I love it. I'm laughing so hard right now. I totally empathize. Luckily, the hair will probably grow kind of fast and you can brush it a little to the side and hold it with a little barrette thing. She's so cute; and she'll never remember! Score for you!

Home Sweet Home Place said...

Jodi - I can't even begin to imagine what a buzz cut by me would turn out looking like. Definitely not brave enough to try that!

Megan - Definitely doing the side swept bangs at the moment. It helps. But every morning when she wakes up I see my blaring mistake! NEVER AGAIN!