Monday, August 23, 2010

29 Day Gear Up

Twenty-nine days and counting folks. Woo hoo! We are in the home stretch. Most of the preparations have been made - still working on the mental preparations but we'll cross that bridge.  One thing I could use some help with as far as baby gear preparation go... a new baby sling! Grace didn't like to be carried around in a Baby Bjorn or a sling but I'm REALLY hoping that Charlotte will. There are so many kinds on the market I'm just totally overwhelmed. So if any of you feel sorry for a nine month pregnant woman whose chasing around the toddler in the August heat, I'd appreciate any recommendations you have.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Exciting!
I highly recommend the Ergo carrier; Paige still likes to be carried in it if needed. It can hold, I think, up to 40 lbs. so it can last a long time. It took getting used to when she was a tiny baby, but it got easier and easier as time went on. It's very very comfortable to wear and doesn't pull on the shoulders since it's basically a weight-lifting belt in disguise! :)

Jody said...

More and more of my friends are raving about the Moby. I borrowed one and tried it out with Kendry around 6-9 months - only when I needed to tote him around on my hip - and I liked it too. I'm planning to get one the next time around.

Dani said...

I loved our Sleepy Wrap (like a Moby) with Max - I'm sure someone makes a lightweight one out there. Since I was literally chasing after Brendan, I wanted something really secure that Max couldn't fall out of. (I passed mine along to Lisa and if she's not using it, maybe she can ship it up to you).

If you have an Ergo, there's an infant insert to use too. I use my Ergo and Boba all the time now, but not so much during the early months. Good luck finding the right one for you.

Home Sweet Home Place said...

Thanks you guys for your input! All three look great. I do admit I am a bit concerned about the wraps. I can barely put Grace's hair in pigtails...not really sure I can wrap up a newborn in the heat of the battle? Thoughts?

Claudia Olsen said...

If you like I could let you try out my adjustable pouch that I have from kangarookorner. I wanted to you to check them out online, but they are closed for business. I loved mine, got a summer and fleece one. They never hurt my back, but it takes about two to three tries until the baby is comfortable. Just got to start walking or gently rocking once they are in it. Marty was wearing Lilly in the solarveil one when she was just born. They do sell them at online stores still and a lot of people give them very good reviews.