Sunday, October 30, 2011

Big Weekend

Family over for dinner on Friday. Dinner with more family on Saturday night and a Halloween party on Monday! Busy, busy, busy! I didn't know how I was going to get everything done! There was decorating, and cooking and baking...oh my!...to do. But then, this little miracle happened.


Grace climbed into bed with Daddy - who was already napping - and fell asleep all on her own volition.
No prompting, no pleading and no bribing.
I looked up from a pile of cookies yet to be frosted and thought "uh oh!" The house is awfully quiet...that can only mean one thing. But I was wrong. Soooo wrong! Nothing could have made me happier!
The house was quiet. Everyone was sleeping. I had two hands AND my mind all to myself!
I happily and quickly plowed through the cupcakes and cookies needing frosting and thoroughly enjoyed every second!

No comments: