Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fair 2011

I hate to admit it but Court's germophobia is rubbing off on me.
Or maybe it's my old age.
Either way, I think I've come to the realization that fairs aren't my thing.
They are dirty. Smelly. Crowded. Expensive! And did I mention dirty?
But while I may be done with fairs, there are two people I know who are just beginning their fair experience and so, I will continue to go and fight the crowds, the lines and try to curb my anxiety over the highly likely ill-prepared food and rickety, oh-so-rickety rides. 
{Sigh.}
Until they can drive. Then they are on their own.



There were lots of animals - all sorts of goats and sheep and cows - ENORMOUS cows.
I mean gigantic. In these teeny tiny pens.
If something spooked the animals, we were all goners.


But the girls loved them!
"Luckily" Grace was juuuust tall enough to go on the rides. So we waited in line for tickets, then waited in line for the ride and then waited on the ride for it to get going...




and we have this wonderful memory of Grace's 1st (and only) fair ride!



No comments: