Saturday, March 17, 2012

Top o' Da Mornin' To Ya

My how things have changed. I used to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Irish car bombs and mass amounts of Harp. But that was a lifetime ago. 

These days it goes a little something like this...


Up before dawn to make sure that little bugger the leprechaun came for a visit!




Ah there he is! Right next to the much needed coffee! 
{Pause for quick coffee break!}

Once the scene was set...

it was time to wait for the girls to wake up!



Grace's first reaction to the breakfast display, "Look Mommy it's Halloween!"
Hmmm...not quite.
Moments later..."Look Mommy, Elfie came!"
Nope. Not quite.
But close!
A little leprechaun friend, the same guy who plants pots of gold at the end of rainbows, came to visit!


Grace and Charlotte both got their first taste of sweet cereal - Lucky Charms. 

Grace was much more into the donuts.

Charlotte - on the other hand - meticulously picked out all the marshmallows! So funny!
(That's what I used to do when I was a kid!)


"What?!"

She too loved the donuts..double fistin'!

The good ole leprechaun, aside from bringing Lucky Charms and green milk, brought a few SMALL gifts. A little rubber ducky for the bath tub and gold coins!
(Not sure if you noticed the rainbows in the back of all the pictures. We made them a few weeks ago and so in the girls' little pots at the end of the rainbow they found gold! It all came together!)


Of course, the gold coins were filled with chocolate so they were a big hit!


Finally, the "big" gift.


A rainbow shirt made by Mommy. 
Yes. I said made. By me! I'm full of all sorts of crafty these days!
(I found the tutorial on Pinterest. Of course, I had to change it up because I don't sew or own a sewing machine. But I'm working on both!)

I don't think Grace was impressed with my hard work!



But the shirt was fitting nonetheless....



 

 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Hopefully, you found a little gold at the end of your rainbow today!
xoxo



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

No comments: