Monday, June 11, 2012

You'll Never Believe It: The Follow Up

Folding laundry over the weekend, something keep catching my eye outside. 


Outside the window where I was folding clothes are several large trees FULL of birds. I figured some little bird was flitting by or something. 



The trees are really spectacular. One of my favorite things about our house actually. Large and full of knobby branches and holes like the this one...where you imagine an old wise owl to live. 


Upon a closer look into the trees, I saw what had originally caught my eye.
Do you see it?


Yep, our little friend from Friday morning!
Alive and well in the tree outside our living room window. 


Charlotte was napping when I made this discovery so I showed only Grace. We proceeded to watch and photograph Mr. Owl for the next hour!

Upon Court's arrival home later that day, we showed him. All evening we kept checking on the owl and he was still there. Clearly as curious about us as we are about him!

At dusk, we REALLY tuned in to watch the owl. Owls being nocturnal and all we thought we might get a glimpse of him taking to flight!

You didn't believe what we woke up to last week, you'll never believe what we watched unfold Saturday night!

Come back tomorrow and I will fill you in!

1 comment:

Julia said...

This is amazing! I love the photo of the owl in the tree...too cute! I cannot wait to find out what happened next!!!