Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 11. It conjures up a lot of emotions and images. At least, it has since 2011.

Before that, it was just my dad's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! A day we celebrated him and ate his favorite, strawberry shortcake. MMMMM, so good!

And now, it will forever be Grace's very first day of preschool. We made little gifts for her teachers. Fresh apples from the farm!




Grace woke up FULL of excitement this morning and couldn't wait to get to school. She carefully packed her special goodies in her back pack - including her first homework assignment.


She painted and glittered her paper. She told her teachers that her name was Grace, that she was 3, her favorite color was blue (news to me!) and that her favorite food was "brown and black!" (AKA peanut butter and nutella on toast!)

Grace posed for some first day of school pictures and then it was time to go. I planned for some extra time for her and I to hang out - just the two of us - over pumpkin bread and chocolate milk (all after a BIG breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs and strawberries) before class.

We talked through the drop-off and pick-up procedures and what might happen after I left. Bottom line - it was going to be fun and Mom would be there when school was over. She seemed ok with everything. Before I knew it, we were at the doorway of the school, we hugged good bye and was back in my empty car - amazed at how quickly it has all gone by. From morning sickness, to newborn, to toddling big sister, to school...

Grace, I'll be thinking about you every minute while you are in school.

Yeah. I miss you too when you are gone Mommy. 

Love you Gracie girl. We are SO proud of you!
Off to pick you up....
Can't wait to hear all about your first day!

No comments: