Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm Up to My Eyeballs in Crap! Literally!

So this is gonna be a stream of conscious/bullet point kind of post. I have a lot on my to-do list and even more on my I-want-to-do-list. Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed in my few moments of free time, I try to do everything all at once and of course, get nothing done. How does anyone organize their time when there is no real way to organize it?!?

I already get up at 5 am - I've even bumped that up to 4:45 so that I can try to squeeze in some time where I can focus on just one thing - be it answering emails, cleaning something or just a few minutes to myself to merely surf the web. Yes, I have to schedule my down time - especially if that down time happens to be on the computer. I don't want Grace and Charlotte on the computer all day, everyday so it is only fair that I practice what I preach. The problem is that these days our lives are on the computer! From paying bills, organizing photos, researching anything and finding recipes. Even when I am "on the computer" I'm usually not on the computer in a frivolous way. I'm not Facebooking or Tweeting or gaming. I don't know any other way to put it...but I am working. Be it planning meals or preserving memories or scheduling activities for the kids. So if I'm not supposed to be on the computer when I am supposed to get all this stuff done?!?!

Speaking of getting stuff done, today I have done nothing but clean up sh*t. I'm serious. I woke up extra early to work on gathering and organzing information for a meeting I had today (more on that later). I wanted to get it all done before the girls woke so I could pull my thoughts together without being interrupted. When I went into the kitchen for my morning cup of coffee, I was greeted with dog crap all over my living room. And when I say all over...I mean ALL. OVER.

I should have known better than to let Lindey have free reign of the house last night. We had quite the day yesterday! I kind of have to backtrack with the story. Grace and Charlotte went to sleep like a dream last night! But my God! They should have! They went to gymnastics, accompanied me to the grocery store where we had to stock up on everything (it was the grocery store run after being on vacation so we needed everything!), hit the park in horrible, gusting winds, took shelter in the library and finally, picked up the dogs from the groomer. Oh the groomer! Here is where the story gets back on track. As I was paying and chatting with the store owner, I could hear the girls start that high pitch, whiney sound they make whenever I try to talk to an adult in their presence.  I, of course, kept chatting, giving the girls the one-finger, behind-the-back wave. (While other mothers were teaching their babies sign language for words like 'milk' and 'more', I was teaching signs for "Knock it off!!" and "I'm warning you."Much more practical if I do say so myself.

As the conversation ended, I turned to leave, gathering up the dogs and kids, which is always a shit show on a good day. And then. There it was. The reason for Grace and Charlotte's freakout - legitimate freakout - I might add.

Lindey decided it was the perfect time to have explosive diarea. All over. I will spare the gory details but we made it out without anyone stepping in it. A small miracle as the groomer graciously offered to clean it up. I swear. I can't go anywhere. ANYWHERE I tell you!!

So like I said, I should have known better than to let Lindey sleep anywhere but the "whole" - the little laundry room/dog kennel - last night. At 5 am this morning, while normal people were sleeping, I spent 45 minutes cleaning up Lindey's messes. Awesome.

And when I got back from my meeting today, guess what kind of surprise was waiting for me? Yep! More dog crap! So I let Lindey outside for an hour while I cleaned everything up and got the girls squared away with lunch.

When Lindey has been allowed in the house today, she has been on total lockdown. Allowed only in the "whole." It is now 3 pm and she has been in and out of the whole (only to go outside) since 1 pm. In those two hours, she has sh*t twice - IN THE HOUSE!! I'm telling you, I am about to lose my mind.

Throw in the peanut butter mess that Charlotte made today during snack time - epic! - and the fact that she is potty training and you get the gist. I'm literally up to my eyeballs in crap!!

While I am bouncing from one mess to the other, all I can think about is what I am not getting done! I have fabric all cut out waiting to be sewn together. I have several other projects I want to tackle. There are some things I need to dig in and research. I'd like to upload my photos from vacation. I'd like to share more of my stories and thoughts here. I'd like to get my hair cut and get a pedicure. I'd like to workout on a somewhat consistent basis. And while it sounds crazy, I want to get the plans for Grace and Charlotte's birthdays underway because I have a feeling this summer is simply going to get away from me for reasons I don't think I quite have the words yet to explain. I just don't know how to do it. I don't know how to get it all done. I don't know how to teach and nurture Grace and Charlotte all while getting things crossed off my to-do list!

I guess the only thing to do is move everything to tomorrow's to-do list and see what happens!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, we have another bird nest to report. This year, a Killdeer has nested in our backyard! (If you've been following along you know that an owl nested in our yard last year and the year before that...come to think of it, we've had a bird build a nest in our yard every spring since we moved here!)



See her there on her nest amongst the oh-so-natural pink flags?
We're hoping the flags will keep the garbage truck guy from running over the nest.



Aren't the eggs amazing?
They look like rocks!!


And I was able to catch a few photos of these two deep in conversation.
I love that they can now sit and talk to each other.


Unfortunately, most of those conversations end in someone crying. 

No comments: