Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Grace's pre-k class took a trip to the pumpkin patch and Charlotte and I got to tag along.
(Mind you this was after a trip to the doctor's office for Charlotte's 3 year check up and flu shots so to say our tanks were low is an understatement).

Last year when Grace's class went to the pumpkin patch, I made them each a Halloween skirt and matching top. This year, because of the driving and running around we are doing, my creative time is severely limited. I was only able to muster up little t-shirts this year. With all the rain and cold weather we've been having, I figured this was the best option. Why ruin a good outfit or good fabric at the pumpkin patch, right?





It was a bit chilly in the shade but the kids got to learn all about apples and farm life. 



Charlotte got upset because she wasn't picked to go up and count apples with the teacher. Mind you, this is Grace's class and Grace's teacher. That doesn't stop Charlotte from wanting to be in the mix of everything.

The kids got to visit the petting zoo, go on a hayride and pick out a pumpkin. 


Charlotte picked this first pumpkin she saw but Grace took her time and found the perfect pumpkin. 


After the pumpkin patch, everybody got a fresh, homemade doughnut and some time to burn off the sugar high on the playground. 


Both girls eventually erupted into tears because of this and that, clearly it had been a looong day but a trip to the pumpkin patch is always fun and totally worth it!

We'll be going back in a week or so - as a family - to pick out some big pumpkins for carving and for decorating. They have the best pumpkins!

I really do love this time of the year! I wish I had more time to REALLY enjoy it...I just find myself hopping from one thing to the next and waking up far too early and going to bed far too late. 
I'm tired (all the time) but it's the kind of tired that is worth it!

No comments: