Monday, July 14, 2014

It's Hot Outside. Got AC?

Unlike most of the female gender, I am not a hair person. I've never put a ton of time, effort or thought into my hair. Most of my "big" hair decisions in my life have been made by my mother because she is a hair person! My hair could be green and I probably wouldn't care. A few weeks ago, I went out on a limb and made a hair decision on my own. 

I got bangs. BANGS! 

I haven't had bangs since I was eight and if anyone out there is considering this drastic change - a word to the wise….DON'T DO IT! 

Let me clarify that a bit. Don't do it under the following conditions.

1. Your children are still at the age which require you to join them in the swimming pool - every afternoon.

2. You have a hate relationship with a round brush - or any brush for that matter. 

3. The temperatures outside are competing with those on the surface of the sun. 

Consider yourself warned. 

Speaking of warm weather, it is SO hot here. We tried to go for a walk the other morning but had to turn around after just a few minutes. Our yard has no shade - and no pool - so as crazy as it sounds, we are spending most of summer indoors!


We do make it to Manna and Boppa's pool a few times a week! Grace was pretty excited that she was able to touch the deep end after a 'pencil dive.' Just last night, we tried a real dive (head first) and she was able to retrieve a ring off the bottom of the deep end! Way to go Grace!

We had friends over for dinner on Friday so that meant LOTS of trips to the grocery store - including Costco. Flat bed cart no so much fun. 


The good news is that our dinner was lots of fun! Our guests brought the girls shrinky dinks which they LOVED!! It was the first thing they wanted to do bright and early the next morning!


All the playing indoors, thanks to the AC, has sprung a new interest in some 'old' toys! Recently, Legos have entered the Barbie Dream House!


Necessity is the mother of invention and Graced needed a high chair for her Barbie baby! 

Finally, I came across this little blurb in Cosmo a few days ago and it really resonated with me. 


 "Small omissions" speak very loudly. 

No comments: